It’s elderflower season and so I decided not to miss it out and prepare some nice elderflower juice. I used to drink it as a child and missed it. It is a very refreshing drink and very easy to prepare.
Elderflower is good for detoxing, helps in reducing the effects of sinusitis, helps in coughs and colds.
Here is my recipe for a nice elderflower juice.
Eldeflower juice ( quantity for 2 glasses)
A bunch of elderflower flowers ( the size of a small bunch of flowers to put in a small vase)
Half a lemon or lime
3 spoons brown sugar
1. Pick up a bunch of elderflowers and a nice lemon or lime
2. Leave the elderflower in the water for a few minutes and then wash it by diving it in the water, changing the water 2-3 times.
4. Stir in with a spoon until the sugar dissolves
5. Put the elderflower in the jar
6. Add the lemon slices
7. Close the jar and leave it outside for 2 days. I left it in my kitchen. In two days open the jar and take the lemon and elderflower out and strain the juice. Don’t worry, the juice will be yellow-brownish. It is perfectly normal. Keep it in the fridge if you don’t want to drink it immediately.
This recipe is for a mild elderflower juice and not the sparkling kind. Most recipes use yeast or acid citric to make it more acidic, but I prefer milder drinks and therefore this juice is for those who love a refreshing drink in the summer but not an acidic one.Follow @happytelegram
- Elderflowers – Make Your Own St~Germain (themuddykitchen.com)
- Making Elderflower Syrup (lieslmade.com)
- Elderflower Cordial -Enjoy With Sun (jennydonohoe.wordpress.com)
- Elderflower cordial (makewithme.wordpress.com)
- Elderflower Cordial, Cocktails and a Competition (arecipeforgluttony.wordpress.com)
- An Elderflower Recipe and other good (and bad) elderflower ideas! (arecipeforgluttony.wordpress.com)
- Orange & Elderflower Liqueur (thingswemake.wordpress.com)
- Home Made Elderflower Lemonade (jaybeesworld.wordpress.com)