In this post I will not talk about making money and bringing success into one’s life, but about how we can improve our health by making small changes. Some of these changes are not difficult to make. It all consists in making choices.
These days we are using so many products, that we don’t realise how many chemicals we put into our bodies and how many chemicals we interact with.
So, I decided one day that I should start taking care of my health and the environment. Be the change that you want to see in the world, right? So, after doing some research I realised we use a lot of chemicals for cleaning around the house, for cleaning ourselves and I noticed quite a lot of chemicals in foods as well. So I decided that step by step I will make some small changes to improve my life.
So, this is what I decided to change:
1. Classic table salt( that contains anti caking agents)
Changed to sea salt
2. I started to use a vinegar and olive oil combination to wipe/clean wood surfaces. Vinegar cleans and olive oil nourishes the wood. Don’t worry it doesn’t make it oily.
3. I changed buying normal bread which contains a lot of chemicals (Wheat Flour, Water, Wheatgerm (5%), Yeast, Salt, Calcium Carbonate, Soya Flour, Wheat Protein, Fermented Wheat Flour, Vegetable Fibre (Inulin), Vegetable Fat, Emulsifier: E472e (made from Vegetable Oils), Flour Treatment Agent: Ascorbic Acid ) with baking my own bread or bread rolls( wheat flour, yeast, water). It tastes and feels so much better, I stopped toasting bread.
5. I changed chemical cleaners with bicarbonate of soda and vinegar
( for example I leave bicarbonate soda and splash a bit of vinegar in the sink for a few minutes and then clean with a sponge, or I clean the oven and the hob the same way, no chemicals and so much more effective). Better for the environment, better for your health!
6. I plant my own herbs instead of buying them. Sure, it takes some time but you can’t compare the feeling of eating something you’ve grown by yourself…and plus there’s no spraying chemicals, so all the way you have a healthier product.
7. I stopped buying chicken stock cubes and starting producing my own ( I cook vegetables just like making a soup, but a concentrated soup, I blend it with a blender and put it to freeze in ice cube bags, so whenever I need I just take 1-2 cubes and put it in the pot)
Next changes that I plan to do: change all body lotions with coconut oil, drinking more green tea, getting milk and eggs from a local farmer…Follow @happytelegram
- Quick brown bread (feedthepiglet.wordpress.com)
- Sour Dough Bread (guyawford.com)
- Organic Hair Recipes (ayurvedaorganics.wordpress.com)
- Salt: 3 Reasons You’re Doing it Wrong (ohnova.wordpress.com)
- The Good Salt (personalliberty.com)